How engaging is your website?
If you can’t answer this question, it’s time to give it some thought.
And in this post on boosting engagement, our Orange County SEO experts give you plenty to think about. Let’s start with user experience.
The Power of Good UX
User experience (UX) is a key part of building and maintaining an engaging site, especially now that mobile search is so important to the digital marketing landscape.
Every business has to make sure its site gives visitors exactly what they’re looking for in the fastest time. The layout, presentation and content should all be designed for a smooth browsing experience.
Research by Google backs this up:
- 61 percent of users will jump to a different site if they can’t find what they’re looking for on yours quickly
- 50 percent will visit a business’s website less often if it’s not mobile-optimised, even if they like its products and services
So, the main factors to focus on:
- Speed (fast load times, logical progression from page to page}
- Convenience (value visitors’ time: show them what they’re looking for fast)
- Mobile Optimization (make sure your site can be browsed on smartphones easily)
Keep Content Clear and Readable
It’s tempting to show off and pack your content with sophisticated language or technical jargon. But if you do this, you increase the odds of visitors clicking away out of boredom or frustration.
Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Content should be tailored to your target audience: speak their language and address their pain points.
- Keep the layout clean and tidy with plenty of white space.
- Use images and videos to break text up.
- Make content valuable and ensure it serves a purpose.
Invite visitors to communicate with your business and reach out to your customer support team to find out more about products or services. This can increase engagement and show users you value their input.
One effective way to do this is implementing live chat and / or chatbots. This lets visitors speak with an agent quickly and easily right on the website. There’s no need to login to an email account and draft a message or leave the browser to dial a number.
Live chat should be easy to access on every page. Don’t make users go searching high and low for it or they could click away to a business that makes things a little simpler.
Working with Experts
Working with a seasoned SEO team is a great way to boost your website’s engagement. Our Orange County SEO agency has helped many businesses give customers a better, smoother browsing and buying experience.
Want to know more? Get in touch with us today.